Question Will my Roland Rubix 22 support 250ohm headphones?

Nov 17, 2019
So the issue is, i have no clue how this whole ohm thing works, i‘ve heard that it may work on some audio interfaces and on some it may require a separat amp, issue is, i literally don‘t know how to check if my audio interface can output to 250ohms or not

Audio interface: Roland Rubix 22
Headphones: beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 250ohm

delaro

Splendid
Herald
It would run them but not very loud. To make things simple the output is rated at 110 db @ 47Ω max. Moving to 250Ω is going to cut the output to something like 65db.

65db on a pair of open backs is going to require a room with pretty much no ambient noise.

A Rubix22 is a pretty low power device with a power requirement of .5 amps, it's to be expected that the output is going to be fairly low.

Nov 17, 2019
It would run them but not very loud. To make things simple the output is rated at 110 db @ 47Ω max. Moving to 250Ω is going to cut the output to something like 65db.

65db on a pair of open backs is going to require a room with pretty much no ambient noise.

A Rubix22 is a pretty low power device with a power requirement of .5 amps, it's to be expected that the output is going to be fairly low.
Thanks for the quick reply, so would u recommend going for the 80Ohm version? or even the 32ohm one?

Nov 17, 2019
You won't notice a difference on that device. The only thing you're going to notice is having to turn the volume up a little more.
oh i see, so i should be alright with going with the 32 or 80ohm one? (probably going 80 in case i upgrade my interface)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS