Question Will my ryzen 5 1600 support 2060 if yes will it be decent?

Apr 18, 2021
I was just wondering if I would of bought an 2060 supported my pc and motherboard My motherboard is a A320M-S2H V2 CF and my CPU is a Ryzen 5 1600 will it be fine if yes will i run games nice and smoothly?

InvalidError

Titan
It should be fine, you will see no bottleneck with either CPU or GPU even with AAA titles like Assassin's creed or cyberpunk.
There always is a bottleneck, the question is whether or not it happens at a frame rate you can live with.

A GPU bottleneck can always be relieved by lowering details until you reach the minimum details and resolution you are willing to play at, so GPU bottlenecks are a mostly non-issue to me.

CPU bottlenecks are more annoying since games rarely have much in the way of settings to really help with those beyond draw distance. The Ryzen 1600 isn't a particularly strong CPU and will likely run into some difficulties every now and then in more CPU-intensive games. Even high-end CPUs get occasional FPS dips for various reasons such as a bunch of things happening at the same time. It all depends on OP's sensitivity to the frequency and severity of those in whatever games he plays.

Apr 18, 2021
There always is a bottleneck, the question is whether or not it happens at a frame rate you can live with.

A GPU bottleneck can always be relieved by lowering details until you reach the minimum details and resolution you are willing to play at, so GPU bottlenecks are a mostly non-issue to me.

CPU bottlenecks are more annoying since games rarely have much in the way of settings to really help with those beyond draw distance. The Ryzen 1600 isn't a particularly strong CPU and will likely run into some difficulties every now and then in more CPU-intensive games. Even high-end CPUs get occasional FPS dips for various reasons such as a bunch of things happening at the same time. It all depends on OP's sensitivity to the frequency and severity of those in whatever games he plays.
as many times ive done stuff my gpu is always on the max not the cpu but is my motherboard fine for a 2060?

InvalidError

Titan
as many times ive done stuff my gpu is always on the max not the cpu but is my motherboard fine for a 2060?
The motherboard does little more than provide the wiring between the PCIe slot and CPU and slot power. Practically any GPU will work in any PCIe slot it can fit into. The motherboard has next to no impact on GPU performance as long as the CPU and wiring to the PCIe slot provide sufficient bandwidth.

artk2219

Distinguished
is it gonna be fine a 1600 and a 3060 ti?

It will work, you may be cpu bottlenecked occasionally at that point, but not horribly so, especially if youre playing at 1440p. Honestly if you can boost the clocks on your Ryzen 5 1600 to 3.6 or so, you should get a nice performance bump for very little extra heat and power usage. You could also get some extra performance by getting some decently fast RAM (around 2933 and higher) since first gen ryzens infinity fabric speed was tied to ram speed you could get you an extra 10% performance just by using faster memory. At the end of the day though, the 1600 is a 4 year old chip, you could more than likely move up to a 3000 series ryzen part on the same board after a bios update, and get a bigger performance gain, but eh, if all youre doing is playing games and it aint broke, you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021
It will work, you may be cpu bottlenecked occasionally at that point, but not horribly so, especially if youre playing at 1440p. Honestly if you can boost the clocks on your Ryzen 5 1600 to 3.6 or so, you should get a nice performance bump for very little extra heat and power usage. At the end of the day though, the 1600 is a 4 year old chip, you could more than likely move up to a 3000 series ryzen part on the same board after a bios update, and get a bigger performance gain, but eh, if all youre doing is playing games and it aint broke, you'll be fine.
ye im asking many wuestions uz when the prices go n ormal i will buy a 3060 ti and the psu Cooler Master MWE Gold 850W v2 but i dont know if the psu breaks easily within 8 months if it does can you give me a future proof psu which is withing 130$