[SOLVED] Will my software and apps return to factory preset settings after I install them on new computer and login to my accounts?

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I plan to build a new gaming PC either by the end of this year or early next year. Over the past several years, I have made changes to my accounts and settings both on the apps and programs installed on my computer and online for services such as Nvidia, Nvidia GeForce, YouTube Music, Google Chrome, Steam, Guild of Gamers, and Origin. I would like to start fresh with my new computer. My question is when I install the apps and programs on my new computer, will the apps and software on my computer continue to be at their factory preset settings or will they automatically change to the setting that I applied on my previous computer after I login to my accounts through those apps and programs?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
I think you will find they are set to defaults on install.

If you use the same logon as current PC and its linked to your Microsoft account logon email address, it will have basic desktop settings and PC will remember any apps you installed from the MS Store and install them, but I don't think it will remember any custom settings. The google ones might remember settings if you use a Chrome; It should remember bookmarks and installed extensions.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think you will find they are set to defaults on install.

If you use the same logon as current PC and its linked to your Microsoft account logon email address, it will have basic desktop settings and PC will remember any apps you installed from the MS Store and install them, but I don't think it will remember any custom settings. The google ones might remember settings if you use a Chrome; It should remember bookmarks and installed extensions.

Reactions: Ben_MacTavish
Solution