[SOLVED] Will my SSD get slower towards the end of its life

Jul 19, 2022
So today I realized that I had my NVIDIA ShadowPlay temp file set on my SSD.
I reset my Windows about 3 weeks ago since that I think ShadowPlay wrote about 10-11 tb on my SSD.
I record desktop with 50mb bitrate and my computer is on almost 247.
Before Windows reset I had lower bitrate and the temp file was maybe on my HDD, not sure.

After almost bricking my SSD, I am asking, if my SSD will get slower towards its end or is it already slower?
And is there any other common semi-hidden SSD eaters like ShadowPlay temp file?

According to Kingston, the SSD has 200 TBW.
View: https://imgur.com/a/yMR6UFC

Solution
I think it very much depends on how full the SSD is. Less space, generally the shorter the life as it needs the free space to do its provisioning (or something like that ??!).
Anyway, get a new SSD now as your aint gonna last much longer if you keep writing to it at such a high rate.
Will it get slower...probably not, it'll just fail.
I think it very much depends on how full the SSD is. Less space, generally the shorter the life as it needs the free space to do its provisioning (or something like that ??!).
Anyway, get a new SSD now as your aint gonna last much longer if you keep writing to it at such a high rate.
Will it get slower...probably not, it'll just fail.

Solution
Does it seem slower now?

If not and it seems to be OK, I'd ride it till it dropped. It could last 10 or 20 years.

That's 180 TB in the equivalent of 984 days of 24/7 operation. Most people might write 20 or 30 TB in that time...but there's no way you can predict failure.

So today I realized that I had my NVIDIA ShadowPlay temp file set on my SSD.
I reset my Windows about 3 weeks ago since that I think ShadowPlay wrote about 10-11 tb on my SSD.
I record desktop with 50mb bitrate and my computer is on almost 247.
Before Windows reset I had lower bitrate and the temp file was maybe on my HDD, not sure.

After almost bricking my SSD, I am asking, if my SSD will get slower towards its end or is it already slower?
And is there any other common semi-hidden SSD eaters like ShadowPlay temp file?

According to Kingston, the SSD has 200 TBW.
View: https://imgur.com/a/yMR6UFC
Ssd's will get slower as they fill.
Perhaps best to leave about15% free.

What happens when they reach tbw....unknown.
Maybe nothing.....maybe it goes read only.

Based on the hrs and usage it looks like about 7.6GB/hr that's a bunch.

You can use the resource monitor and watch what is writing to the ssd.

Jul 19, 2022
Thanks for answers!
I'll try to have like 20-30% free space from now on.
After removing ShadowPlay temp file from the SSD, which was writing about 22.5 gb per hour,
I am hoping it will last a long time.
I'm kinda pissed at the moment, but at least my next SSD will maybe last 10 years instead of 3-4...