Will my system power up without a CPU?

jontyatkinson2002

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
look I know it's a weird question but I have just received a new Asus Z370-F Mobo but am still waiting for the i7 8700k to go in stock. Well my parts just arrived and I have set up a little test bench with the mother board box but I have plugged everything in and my ram wont light up or my power supply fan does not spin when I jump start it, I know the PSU works because I have tested that with my current system however I don't know about the ram (also the RBG lights on my mobo light up) so is my ram faulty or is it because i have no CPU?

Solution
You can "power up" as in connect power cables and press power button or short pins and only thing that can happen is LEDs light up and connected case fans spin.

No CPU, no POST, no boot. Wait until you get all the parts. Turning it on now does not show or prove anything.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
You can "power up" as in connect power cables and press power button or short pins and only thing that can happen is LEDs light up and connected case fans spin.

No CPU, no POST, no boot. Wait until you get all the parts. Turning it on now does not show or prove anything.

Solution