Will my system support a second ASUS GTX 760

Zombi_Fear

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
Hi,

Recently I have purchased the new game, Dragon Age: Inquisition. Although it looks amazing even on the current settings I have now (mainly medium/high) I would like to play it in its full glory. To do this i suspect I require more GPU power. Instead of getting a brand new GPU (I only got this one last year December) I would like to SLI my current ASUS GTX 760 and have two of them. I believe my system can handle it but I would like to check. My specs are here with the possible new card: Here

Thanks in Advance

Solution
Sure bro. Your PC is strong enough to handle a second GPU. Your motherboard is superb, so thus it can even handle a GTX 770. It can run the game at ultra FPS after you SLI it. :) Your PSU lacks behind so I suggest you getting a 750 watts 80+ Bronze certified PSU.

sreeramnair

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Sure bro. Your PC is strong enough to handle a second GPU. Your motherboard is superb, so thus it can even handle a GTX 770. It can run the game at ultra FPS after you SLI it. :) Your PSU lacks behind so I suggest you getting a 750 watts 80+ Bronze certified PSU.

Solution

uthvag

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
you are cutting it a bit close with the PSU,but it can handle it

i would suggest an antec 650W one just to be sure

SIDENOTE- i would remove those keyboards and mice and get a 970 with that budget (your psu will be fine for that)

Zombi_Fear

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013

Hi,
Thanks for the quick answer. I have one question however. Would this 750W PSU be capable of running my cards well.Here

Zombi_Fear

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013

OK thanks. I've purchased it and expect to see it soon!

werberman

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014

Actually, there are four (bronze, silver, gold, and platinum) - The label only refers to the efficiency, though (i.e: how much electricity will be wasted at various loads) - it has nothing to do with the maximum load you can place on the PSU.

sreeramnair

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Oh yeah Werberman, I forgot about the Platinum. The better you buy, the more of efficiency you will get. Platinum has 95-96 % of efficiency I guess. And Gold has 90%. Anyway Zombi_Fear, good to hear that you purchased the PSU.