[SOLVED] Will my VGA card fit ?

Jan 27, 2019
I've just ordered a new custom PC build (store is building it for me) but have noticed something that might cause an issue and was wondering if you guys could please advise...

I've gone with a Thermaltake Level 20 MT Tower (link as below)
where the specifications say

VGA length limitation:
260mm(With radiator on the right side)
366mm(Without radiator on the right side)

The graphics card I've decided to go with is the MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8 GB OC (MK1). The store didn't sell any other RX 580s, and I wasn't in the market to buy Vega or RTX, and would rather buy a decent 1080p card now and upgrade 2 years later if I want to do QHD/4K.

The issue is the MSI RX 580 ARMOR is 269mm long according to MSI's specs.

Allow me to explain that in the case, I am going to remove all the front fans, such that two of them will be placed on the side intake, and the other one in one of the top exhaust slots. Sounds weird I know but the review from Gamers Nexus showed the case actually maintained better temperatures this way (the front panel glass is not out far enough for front intake to work, and there's no dust filter on the front panel).

With this being my situation, will my VGA not fit into the case because the fans are obstructing it ?

I was thinking if I'm not using a radiator then surely the VGA would be able to slip past the fans given how much thinner they are without the added thickness.

Here is the link to the case:

https://www.thermaltake.com.au/Chassis/Mid_Tower_/Level_20/C_00003378/Level_20_MT_ARGB/Specification.htm

Thanks for your help guys.

Solution
If the fans are thin enough the VGA will fit, cause you have motherboard heigh+ the pcie port for GPU heigh, in theory 2 fingers of room.
Otherwise you may have to remove that fan to fit your GPU.
Jan 27, 2019

Thanks mate. Fingers crossed. I don't really want to have to move the fans back to the front... with no dust filter + a tiny gap for air intake will probably end up running with negative air pressure.

Another question I have is with regards to static pressure vs air flow fans.

I've just realised that the fans that come with the case are static pressure / radiator fans.

Should I be replacing them with air flow designs ?

https://www.thermaltake.com.au/products-model.aspx?id=C_00003306