Will not POST

panzerleech

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Hi all,

So where to start...? I built this computer around 3 years ago, maybe 4. It's an ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard, Intel i7 3770k, Gainward GTX 760 Phantom, 16GB (2X8GB) Patriot VIPER 3 RAM and a Corsair CX750M PSU.

So recently with the upcoming 1080 graphics cards I figured I was going to upgrade and sell on my 760 but got bored of my old case and opted for the Phantek Enthoo Pro.

So the case came the other day and I took out all the parts from my old case and blew them off with an air line and put them back into my new case all ready to fire up. (Even took off my Noctua CPU cooler and cleaned that off and applied new thermal paste) So last night it was time to turn it on. I hit the power button and nothing.

I reseated the RAM and GPU just to make sure, again, nothing. Checked the headers and tried to jump it using a screw driver, still nothing. Stripped the computer down to Motherboard, RAM and PSU. still nothing... I had a spare NOVATECH 750W PSU at work so I went up and got that, brought it down and swapped it over, still nothing. Won't even post with an on board speaker on.

The internal speaker doesn't beep and the fans don't spin when trying to turn it on. Also tried different RAM configurations, the green power light on the motherboard is on so it must be putting power supply to the mobo. Only things I haven't tried so far are replacing the CMOS battery and reseating the CPU. I think I have done everything else? I haven't checked the motherboard for dead capacitors or anything but I'll do that when I get home

Can anyone else suggest anything?

Thanks

Max

panzerleech

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013

I haven't actually tested it outside of the case yet but I've tested it in 2 different cases and checked all of the screws and stand-offs

panzerleech

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013

Right, I've just tried it out side the case with 2 different PSUs, added a different stick of RAM, re-seated the CPU and also tried resetting the CMOS but not sure if that worked as it says you switch the jumper from 1-2 pin to 2-3 pin for 5-10 secs but it didn't have a jumper on it but it's been like this for years and I've never had a problem with it before. I tried jumping the power switch pins with a screw driver and it didn't work, not even the assist chassis fans spin and they are tiny.