Will not turn on

Running a K7S5A, 1.3 Athlon cpu, 512 DDR 3200 memory , 120g & 40g hd ,FX
5200 128 ddr video, a dvd recorder & cd recorder. My problem is the pc will
not turn on. When I turn it on there is no sound no running fans no hd
sounds no lights, it is dead. I can keep working with it and it will finally
come on. Once it starts it runs perfectly. I was told to check the power on
pin on the power supply, they said if it had over 1 volt the ps was probably
alright, it had 4.1 volts. Has anyone had this problem? Any help will be
appreciated

"Bill Hedrick" <whedrick3@triad.rr.com> wrote in

> Running a K7S5A, 1.3 Athlon cpu, 512 DDR 3200 memory , 120g & 40g hd
> ,FX 5200 128 ddr video, a dvd recorder & cd recorder. My problem is
> the pc will not turn on. When I turn it on there is no sound no
> running fans no hd sounds no lights, it is dead. I can keep working
> with it and it will finally come on. Once it starts it runs perfectly.
> I was told to check the power on pin on the power supply, they said if
> it had over 1 volt the ps was probably alright, it had 4.1 volts. Has
> anyone had this problem? Any help will be appreciated

No lights no nothing?
1. Check the power on switch on the case to see if it is hanging up.
2. Insure the main power connector to the M/B is firmly seated and locked.
3. Insure the FX5200 is fully seated in the slot.

"Bill Hedrick" <whedrick3@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
| Running a K7S5A, 1.3 Athlon cpu, 512 DDR 3200 memory , 120g & 40g hd
,FX
| 5200 128 ddr video, a dvd recorder & cd recorder. My problem is the
pc will
| not turn on. When I turn it on there is no sound no running fans no
hd
| sounds no lights, it is dead. I can keep working with it and it will
finally
| come on. Once it starts it runs perfectly. I was told to check the
power on
| pin on the power supply, they said if it had over 1 volt the ps was
probably
| alright, it had 4.1 volts. Has anyone had this problem? Any help
will be
| appreciated

I have seen power cords with poor contact in the PS connector. If the
cord is very easy to remove (slips in and out with very little
mechanical resistance), replace it. This problem vexed me for some
time with one system as it apparently do a reset every time I bumped
or touched the power cord. It may also be a flakey power on switch or
poor contact with the mobo header pins for the power on signal.
--
Best regards,
Kyle