Question Will Nvidia ASUS PH-GT1030-O2G Phoenix help watching high res videos as well via streaming by Flash?

Feb 18, 2019
hi all
I am been having a problem playing 1080p vidoes and also streaming videos via Flash on the browser(chromium) where it goes black or freezes frequenty. When I checked the CPU usage it was 100% on both the cores . I was wondering if adding dedicated graphics card(Nvidia ASUS PH-GT1030-O2G Phoenix) to my system will help ?

My computer configuration is as below
Motherboard - M2N-MX
Ram - Kingston 4GB(4*1)
Processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3400+
Graphics (Integrated) - Nvidia GeForce 6100/nForce 430
HDD - 1 TB and 160 GB
PSU - Frontech 400W
(PCI Express 16 slot is free)
OS - Linux mint 18.3 Cinnomon

I am kind of newbie to this. All help is appreciated as my system is quite old and I really don't want to spend on new computer

Best Regards

Feb 18, 2019
Thanks a lot MetallicMonk. Got the card and connected it to the PCI-E slot. Now I am able to
  1. Watch 1080p videos without any freezing of frames
  2. stream videos via Flash smoothly without any blacking out

However , I have noticed that when I install the software updates or stream flash videos , the CPU usage is almost 100% on both the cores , whereas when I watch full HD videos on VLC or youtube the CPU usage is around 50% only.
Any idea how I bring down the CPU usage while streaming flash videos or installing software updates ? My browser is chromium and have upgraded the OS to Linux mint 19.1 Cinnamon

TRENDING THREADS