[SOLVED] Will Oculus Link work with the included charger and a ubs 3 adapter?

JamesTheOtter

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Hello! I just bought an Oculus Quest and I want to connect it to the PC with the included chargin cable for Oculus Link, but my PC doesn't have a USB-C port.My motherboard is B450M Bazooka V2.I found some USB-C to UBS 3 adapters but I'm not sure if they will work: Option 1 or this one Option 2 . Any other recomandations?
Thank you in advance!

Solution
Hello!

It may work, but I ve seen people saying that some adapters won't work.
I'm using an Ugreen Adapter with an AmazonBasics USB 3.0 extension cable and it works just fine for me.

Alternatively you can try wireless solutions, with an app called Virtual Desktop + the patch from side quest(also look this up for early access and free games) you can stream your desktop to the quest and play games, but in my experience this seems more resource intensive and you need a good router as well.

Also take note that you may need a better cable than the charger if you are experiencing lag.

bana.csaba91

Commendable
Jan 17, 2018
Hello!

It may work, but I ve seen people saying that some adapters won't work.
I'm using an Ugreen Adapter with an AmazonBasics USB 3.0 extension cable and it works just fine for me.

Alternatively you can try wireless solutions, with an app called Virtual Desktop + the patch from side quest(also look this up for early access and free games) you can stream your desktop to the quest and play games, but in my experience this seems more resource intensive and you need a good router as well.

Also take note that you may need a better cable than the charger if you are experiencing lag.

Solution

Latest posts