[SOLVED] Will opening Lenovo laptop void my warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2019
Hello.
So I bought a Lenovo IdeaPad 131(817h) a month ago from a certified retailer, and it worked fine until yesterday when it just halted and wouldn't start back on, and the left indicators wouldn't start neither, so I took it to that retailer this morning and he said that he was going to take a look at it and tell me tomorrow if the issue can be resolved or if he's going to send it to a Lenovo center in another city so that they could take a further look.
And I'm concerned that they would refuse to fix it since I opened it once (7 to 15 days after I got it, I can't remember exactly), and it has some subtle unnoticeable scratch marks on one of the sides and a slight more noticeable scratch next to the screen, and also I remember that when I was snapping the back-lid back two tiny plastic fragments fell from the casing. So what do you think? Will it be non-refundable?
p.s. I opened the laptop to check if the ram was soldered to the motherboard or not and to see how many ram slots it had since I couldn't find my exact model online. And I also removed the Intel inside sticker because it tends to leave a mark in the future, and I wasn't anticipating it to just break like this

Solution
If you actually broke off some of the hold down tabs when reassembling then yes, you have voided the warranty. Subtle scratches to the outside of the case can be attributed simply to normal wear and tear. However, pieces broken off on the inside point to abuse and that can be used as a reason to void any warranty.
If you actually broke off some of the hold down tabs when reassembling then yes, you have voided the warranty. Subtle scratches to the outside of the case can be attributed simply to normal wear and tear. However, pieces broken off on the inside point to abuse and that can be used as a reason to void any warranty.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.