Will overclocking my gpu memory without touching voltage damage it?

bladefrost

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
I got a GTX 750Ti & I can see that it's vram does not have any cooling or is not touching any heat sink or thermal pads, will overclocking the vram damage it? What if I see artifacts & still continue gaming with that overclocked settings, will it cause permanent damage to the card?

Solution
If you see any artifacts, and sure they are OC related,you should back off the overclock as its not technically stable. Regarding damage, its possible for damage long term with your method, and being an overclock in general you assume the risks. However, I woukdn't want to game while having artifacts for an extra FPS.
Should be fine, especially without adding voltage. I believe the voltage options only apply to GPU core as well. I would make small adjustments and test games, benches, ect. and keep going. If you see artifacts, back off the speed a bit and retest. I would not recommend continuing gaming with artifacts caused by vram OC, but its very unlikely to cause any damage unless you kept playing for awhile. Most likely, the game would crash long before any damage would occur.

bladefrost

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016

Thanks for the answer. What if I see artifacts on very few occasion when gaming & it doesn't crash, will it still cause damage in the long run with vram overclocking?

If you see any artifacts, and sure they are OC related,you should back off the overclock as its not technically stable. Regarding damage, its possible for damage long term with your method, and being an overclock in general you assume the risks. However, I woukdn't want to game while having artifacts for an extra FPS.

Solution