Question Will overclocking ryzen 3 1200 Solve this problem?

ahmd3500

Reputable
Nov 20, 2018
Hey there.
Recently, I've been facing a small issue that sometimes happens in games where I stutter in the start of every game, etc.

This is my build: MOBO: b350 Mortar
Ram:8gb 2 x 4 Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400Mhz ram
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 with stock cooler
GPU:GTX 1060 Zotac Amp! Edition 3gb
PSU: Seasonic s12/520W bronze+ certified
HDD:Seagate BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch (ST2000DM006)

However, sometimes a few games lag a ton to me when in the very first game, 2nd ones etc while landing in battle royales (Fortnite specifically) and stuff then gets fixed.

This doesn't really happen as much in any other game such as apex legends, etc etc.
Also, my monitor is quite much a generic 1366 x 768 PnP, and I'm playing at everything very low. What do you think causes the stuttering while am still landing, etc?

If I overclock my ryzen to 3.7 or 3.8, will I be able to eliminate the stuttering and get a more stable game?

About to get the Benq XL2546 240Hz 1080p monitor but am not entirely sure, will I be able to run any game with that at a constant rate?

I mean, will my rig do better on 1080p than it does atm because maybe its better optimized for that?

Mar 5, 2019
First of all, I just want to start this potentially short comment by saying that I haven't played Fortnite since early 2018, and when I did, I didn't play competitively. Fortnite is not an FPS, and shouldn't be treated like one. It is an unoptimized, fleshed-out, and giant game. Try your benchmarks in the zombies mode before moving on to the MMO/BR part of the game.

Anyways, your build looks fine to run this game, along with many others. You're running at 720p60 with low settings, so I think your problem lies not within your hardware, but within the game's optimization. Your 1060 should run similarly to a RX 470/560, so you should at least hit 1080p60/1080p144 on the majority of FPS titles. However, I don't think you'll be able to stretch your hardware to run at 244hz on Fortnite. You might run R6S/CS:GO/etc at those speeds, but otherwise, I don't think so.

Again, you probably won't be able to fix this optimization issue by overclocking. Make sure to post around in Fortnite communities, you might find your answer in forced optimization (game file edits, mods, etc.)

Reactions: ahmd3500

ahmd3500

Reputable
Nov 20, 2018
First of all, I just want to start this potentially short comment by saying that I haven't played Fortnite since early 2018, and when I did, I didn't play competitively. Fortnite is not an FPS, and shouldn't be treated like one. It is an unoptimized, fleshed-out, and giant game. Try your benchmarks in the zombies mode before moving on to the MMO/BR part of the game.

Anyways, your build looks fine to run this game, along with many others. You're running at 720p60 with low settings, so I think your problem lies not within your hardware, but within the game's optimization. Your 1060 should run similarly to a RX 470/560, so you should at least hit 1080p60/1080p144 on the majority of FPS titles. However, I don't think you'll be able to stretch your hardware to run at 244hz on Fortnite. You might run R6S/CS:GO/etc at those speeds, but otherwise, I don't think so.

Again, you probably won't be able to fix this optimization issue by overclocking. Make sure to post around in Fortnite communities, you might find your answer in forced optimization (game file edits, mods, etc.)
Thanks a ton really, cleared a lot of questions I had in mind.