Will PC Gaming Hold An Advantage Against the New Consoles?

Saxguy101

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hello,

Obviously, as of right now PC gaming is a far better experience than console gaming. Games such as Battlefield 3 on console pale in comparison to Battlefield 3 on the PC. However, with the next generation consoles, they will be catching up. I know that they will eventually become outdated again, but as of right now, is it worth diving into PC gaming? I really want to build my PC this summer, but I'm just trying to think if it will be better than the new consoles. Will games like Battlefield 4 still run better on my PC than on a new console?

My specs:

CPU: i5 3570k
GPU: EVGA GeForce Gtx 670
Ram: 2 x4 8GB G.Skill Sniper
Motherboard: ASRock z77 extreme 4
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series

affroman112

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Games are salways going to run better on PC if you have the hardware. That machine will play at the same level or higher than the new consoles. You also get the better server support, modding support, and better controls.

g-unit1111

Titan
This topic has been debated ad nauseum. The new console specs are impressive - especially the PS4 and XBOX 720. But will they match or beat PCs? The answer is hell no. PCs will always be three or four times better than consoles in terms of graphics power and the sheer power that desktop GPUs are able to put out. If you look at the specifications console CPUs and GPUs are more in tune with laptops than with desktops.