[SOLVED] Will pentium G3240 bottleneck gtx 1050 ti ?

nguyencongthienvu

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Hi everyone, i am planning buy VGA ASUS GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 Cerberus OC.Here my pc:
- Main H81M-A
- CPU G3240 3.1 GHZ
- PSU Seasonic M12II-520 Evo - 520W - 80 Plus Bronze.
Is it okay ? I play game like rome 2, the sims 4, Fifa online 4, total war hammer 2 with 1280x1024 or 1600x900.
My future will buy I7-4790 after i buy that card but my current pc will run fine with my game ? Thank you.

Solution
Being the resolution lower than usual, the GPU is less stressed and this way it can render more frames per second, which maximum number will probably be determined by how much the game relies on the CPU. You will probably be able to use the high settings without losing performance.

Phazoner

Distinguished
The G3240 should be fine for Rome 2, The Sims and Fifa but the 4790 will probably dramatically improve the performance in Warhammer 2. This is because The Sims and Fifa aren't intensive on the CPU and Rome 2 only uses two cores or threads of the CPU, no matter how many yours have, but Warhammer 2 can take advantage of all available cores.

nguyencongthienvu

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019

Ah thank you very much but currently I cant buy 4790 yet so if i play total warhammer 2 i will set low or medium ?

Phazoner

Distinguished
Being the resolution lower than usual, the GPU is less stressed and this way it can render more frames per second, which maximum number will probably be determined by how much the game relies on the CPU. You will probably be able to use the high settings without losing performance.

Solution