Question Will plugging my monitor to bypass outlet in UPS protect against fluctuations?

Rasi157

Honorable
Nov 30, 2014
First, I apologize if this is in the wrong category or if this question has been asked before. I did not come across any similar posts that answer my question.

I recently purchased a new monitor (2k, 144hz, LED) which is quite a significant upgrade from my previous (1080P, 60hz, LCD) which is pretty old. My system is pretty demanding but I had no issues with its backup for both the monitor and system ( I live in an area with lots of power fluctuations/ outages).

With my new monitor, when I get an outage my system shuts down because the UPS is facing too much strain ( continuous beep and immediate shutdown). It’s worth adding that if I’m not playing games the UPS can last a couple of seconds longer. I’m not willing to invest in a bigger capacity UPS at this point. I’m considering plugging my monitor to the third outlet on the UPS which is the bypass outlet- it mentions no battery backup.

My main concern is does the bypass outlet still provide protection against power fluctuations? I don’t want my monitor to get damaged.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

On that note, I'm very certain that your UPS is underspec'd to power your entire rig when it's taxed. Either the UPS needs replacing or you need to replace the battery in the U{S or the UPS's output is lower than what you need it to be(ideally).

Make and model of your UPS?

Rasi157

Honorable
Nov 30, 2014
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

On that note, I'm very certain that your UPS is underspec'd to power your entire rig when it's taxed. Either the UPS needs replacing or you need to replace the battery in the U{S or the UPS's output is lower than what you need it to be(ideally).

Make and model of your UPS?

Hi and thank you for your response.

My UPS is PROLINK PRO1201SFC
Original question still stands about the protection granted through the bypass outlet

Thank you for your time

CPU: Intel Core i5 -9400F
Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC PRO
Ram: Vengeance LEDD4 3200 16 GB
SSD/HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
GPU: MSI GTX 1660TI 6G
PSU: CORSAIR VS650
Chassis: Cooler Master H500 ARGB
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD