Question Will QL series fans look weird with the ML series fans in an AIO?

soulweeper

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Getting a 4000D Airflow case, and plan on using the iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX, which has ML120's in it. Plan to put three 120's in the front, as intake, and one 120 in the back, as exhaust. Was originally planning to use ML120 Elites for that, as they would have the same number of LED's, and look the same, but depending on which way they face, might be kind of dim, so am thinking of using the QL120's front and back, and there is a big difference ion the number of LED's, so I'm assuming a lot of patterns would look funky, and maybe even look stupid, granted, I would most likely use static colors, but still, anyone have experience doing this?

The ML120's on the AIO would be kind of muted behind the filter on top, and it would sit closer to the floor, so not super visible inside, but the fact that the QL120's have LED's on both sides is kind of cool, and will show the most of any fan, I think.

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks in advance!

soulweeper

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
For the sake of uniformity, I'd get the same fans all around. That's my opinion though, aesthetics is something that will vary from one individual to another.
I most likely will. I like the QL series, in that they light up evenly on both sides, so no matter how you point them, they show very well. But my front fans would be intake, so ML's would show well, same with the ones on the AIO, and rear would be exhaust, and show well inside the case, and you don't see the back anyway, so......

Lutfij

Titan
Seems like you want us to say what you're thinking. If so, then you've already made your mind up. It's your build, you don't need us to tell you what to buy unless you were making a big mistake whereby we'd say: "you're making a big mistake". That being said, please be wary that the QL fans have lower static pressure(1.55) when compared to the ML's (2.9) whereby the latter is what you'd need for your AIO's radiator to work optimally. You can slap the QL's on without an issue, just be prepared for bad temps. I wouldn't sacrifice performance for lights, on any given day.

Be prepared for the cabling ARGB and PWM you need to manage, regardless of what series of fans you get from the two mentioned above by Corsair. Though in your aid will be the fact that 6 lighting connectors from either fans can plug into the same Lighting Node Core hub/controller. Even if you decide to go half and half, you can have (all)6 fans tethered to one hub.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88

soulweeper

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Seems like you want us to say what you're thinking. If so, then you've already made your mind up. It's your build, you don't need us to tell you what to buy unless you were making a big mistake whereby we'd say: "you're making a big mistake". That being said, please be wary that the QL fans have lower static pressure(1.55) when compared to the ML's (2.9) whereby the latter is what you'd need for your AIO's radiator to work optimally. You can slap the QL's on without an issue, just be prepared for bad temps. I wouldn't sacrifice performance for lights, on any given day.

Be prepared for the cabling ARGB and PWM you need to manage, regardless of what series of fans you get from the two mentioned above by Corsair. Though in your aid will be the fact that 6 lighting connectors from either fans can plug into the same Lighting Node Core hub/controller. Even if you decide to go half and half, you can have (all)6 fans tethered to one hub.

:)
No no, I wasn't going to put the QL 120's on the AIO, I wpould leave the ML120's it comes with alone, and was considering adding the QL120's in the front and rear, but the more I think about it, the 'best' side of the ML120's will show anyway, and then it's consistent.