Question Will Quick Sync work: Z790 Godlike + 13900KS?

kreinzer

Honorable
Oct 20, 2017
Hey gang,

Does anyone know if Quick Sync will work (13900KS / 4090 / Z790 Godlike)? I read in places that it does not have VCCGT phases, while others said that despite no iGPU support it can still be the encoder/decoder engine for video, h264/265, etc.

I already purchased the PC, just waiting on M.2s to arrive. The PC will be used exclusively for After Effects.

Thanks!

For the CPU KS yes, KF no. The dedicated hardware core is in the IGP and 13900KS (which is just a highly binned 13900K with different default multiplier) has an IGP.

For the motherboard when using a discrete GPU you have to make sure the IGP is also running in the BIOS (IGD Multi-Mon option) since you don't have the option to plug a monitor into the motherboard also. There are some conflicting reports of whether some BIOS versions allow this or not.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2023
The z790 godlike does not give any power to the igpu so no quick sync with will not work. I was going to get this board but knowing this made me completely change my mind. How does a board like this not give power to the igpu? What were you thinking Msi?!?

Reactions: Frozoken