[SOLVED] Will Radeon RX 5700 bottleneck ryzen 5 2400g

dragnelus

Reputable
Nov 25, 2018
I oc the cpu and tried to use the apu at minimum:
9wuUWjS.png

Will it bottleneck with XFX Radeon RX 5700 DD Ultra?

I will flash the card to an xt bios or set XT bios via regkeys in the pc.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes it’s possible, but not easy to screw up and the card in question does in fact have a dual BIOS switch
I flashed my 5700 Red Dragon to a 5700XT Red Dragon...also with a dual BIOS. I do agree it was very easy and I also wouldn't say it's NOT easy to screw up. All you need is a power fluctuation during the flash so that's where a dual BIOS is going to save a lot of grief if it happens.

Once flashed, you also have to remember there was probably a reason your GPU was binned down to a 5700 vs. being sold as 5700XT. I have to drive with higher voltage for similar clocks, for instance, and so it runs hotter. Some might be different and only got binned down for market segmentation, if so I wasn't so lucky. But even getting only...
Yes it’s possible, but not easy to screw up and the card in question does in fact have a dual BIOS switch
I flashed my 5700 Red Dragon to a 5700XT Red Dragon...also with a dual BIOS. I do agree it was very easy and I also wouldn't say it's NOT easy to screw up. All you need is a power fluctuation during the flash so that's where a dual BIOS is going to save a lot of grief if it happens.

Once flashed, you also have to remember there was probably a reason your GPU was binned down to a 5700 vs. being sold as 5700XT. I have to drive with higher voltage for similar clocks, for instance, and so it runs hotter. Some might be different and only got binned down for market segmentation, if so I wasn't so lucky. But even getting only 1924Mhz at 1105V gives me a nice uptick allowing 1440P very high to ultra settings like a real XT.

And a last, general rule for Navi is that opting for lower voltage over higher clocks is better for a smoother FPS and game play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution