[SOLVED] Will ram speed bottleneck me?

garthblack199

Reputable
Aug 5, 2018
Hello everyone. I've recently started a proper career, and have the cash flow to buy an enthusiast PC. Given the difficulty of buying components, and that I'm busy, I decided to go through NZXT BLD for this system.

But it's my first time with really high end stuff which I gather any bottleneck can really rob you of a lot of value. Here's the situation.

Ryzen 9 5950X
RTX 3080 TI
32GB 3200Mhz RAM

I will be using a 4k monitor and maximizing settings. That's the point of such hardware after all. As long as 60fps is consistent I'm happy.

My question is, as I understand there needs to be harmony in the system to fully utilize all components and produce good 4k fps, will the ram speed significantly bottleneck the system? Or is it okay? Thanks and sorry for any ignorance.

Solution
While Ryzen CPUs are shown to perform better with faster RAM speed to a point (DDR4-3600), I'm not convinced it's enough of difference to go out and drop what you have for something better.

Also running games at 4K is going to be mostly a GPU bottleneck problem for at least a few more years.
While Ryzen CPUs are shown to perform better with faster RAM speed to a point (DDR4-3600), I'm not convinced it's enough of difference to go out and drop what you have for something better.

Also running games at 4K is going to be mostly a GPU bottleneck problem for at least a few more years.

Solution