Will rasing my pc up or down damage my pc?

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Hello yesterday i was cleaning my pc and i raised my pc from the front i raised up with the back of it still on the table if the pc is this"|" and i raised up like leaning it up from the front it will be like this now "/" with the back on table and front up in air will this harm my pc or componont and i have raised like leaning my pc from the back too with the front part on the table to clean everything under it so it is like this "\" will this do any damage and btw my pc is working just fine but i am a very responsable person for my pc i have a cooler master case cm 590 and a msi gtx 970 and cpu i7 880 with a msi cooler frozr x and everything is tightened well so will this act make any impact and thank you very much.

Solution
It's only bad if your PC is turned on.
And it mostly affects your hard drive. Hard drives have spinning disks inside and a tiny needle that is used to write stuff on the disks.

Any movement to the hard drive while it is turned on might trigger the needle to write something. This is called a bad sector and it usually can't be repaired.
Your hard drive will still work, but bad sectors take up space.

pipirupi123

Honorable
Jun 21, 2014
Assuming the PC is turned Off and the components are properly tightened and secured in the case then raising/leaning the case for cleaning shouldn't damage the components, just make sure to gently put it back to the upright position after raising/leaning it.

rhoban

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018
It's only bad if your PC is turned on.
And it mostly affects your hard drive. Hard drives have spinning disks inside and a tiny needle that is used to write stuff on the disks.

Any movement to the hard drive while it is turned on might trigger the needle to write something. This is called a bad sector and it usually can't be repaired.
Your hard drive will still work, but bad sectors take up space.

Solution

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Thank you for you answer really ans my pc was turned on and i raised it gently and put it back gently and the pc was fully assembled and the case closed so this should be ok to me and will not damage anything right?