Will reinstalling improve fps?

HoboJoe527

Commendable
Jun 10, 2017
So I have rainbow six siege and I've had it installed for a while. There have only been a few minor crashes previously and afterwards not much as happened. I am wondering if reinstalling the game is necessary to improve my fps (i have enough frames atm) I am just wondering if reinstalling will show a noticeable amount of fps increase or should I just leave it as is?

Solution
The only way you'll see a performance increase on deleting/reloading is if your drive was fragmented before, or got fragmented during updates. Only way to know for sure you have it installed in a single block (optimal) is to remove > defrag the drive a few times > install. Even then, the gain will 98% of the time be minimal to nothing. This is also assuming you're running it on a HDD, which most people are.

My opinion: if it works, leave it. Not worth the effort.

Anarkie13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2015
The only way you'll see a performance increase on deleting/reloading is if your drive was fragmented before, or got fragmented during updates. Only way to know for sure you have it installed in a single block (optimal) is to remove > defrag the drive a few times > install. Even then, the gain will 98% of the time be minimal to nothing. This is also assuming you're running it on a HDD, which most people are.

My opinion: if it works, leave it. Not worth the effort.

Solution

toshibitsu

Distinguished
The only way it would help is if you have lots of apps installed/running combined with possible malware/virus infections.

So clearing all that stuff off of the system would of course help. If that's not the case though, then there won't be a difference.