Will reinstalling windows 10 delete all my stuff?

jamesthegreat

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
I am doing a clean install of windows 10 today/ tomorrow and i am wondering if i will have to reinstall everything or will it keep my files? Also if i reinstall will it delete my game saves or are they stored with your steam account?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Clean install reformats hdd, you lose everything. So if there is anything you want to keep, copy it onto another hdd or USB or cloud server. I normally try to copy my entire documents folder as that is where most game saves are located now.

You can actually save the entire steam library folder, and reuse it on new install. Just copy it somewhere else and when you reinstall Steam, you can look through its settings for libraries and reselect the old folder without having to download all the games again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Clean install reformats hdd, you lose everything. So if there is anything you want to keep, copy it onto another hdd or USB or cloud server. I normally try to copy my entire documents folder as that is where most game saves are located now.

You can actually save the entire steam library folder, and reuse it on new install. Just copy it somewhere else and when you reinstall Steam, you can look through its settings for libraries and reselect the old folder without having to download all the games again.

Solution

jamesthegreat

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

thanks for the help bro.