Will reinstalling Windows 7 delete all my data?

viktornegovan

Commendable
Oct 26, 2017
I'm currently using Windows 10 and I want to install Win7 because I cannot stand all the issues I'm having with 10. I have the disk and all I want to know is if I will lose all my data on my drives if I install Win7

Solution

If you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and it has been less than 30 days, then you can downgrade and go to previous operating system... 'Go back to Windows 7'.
If it has been 30 days or more you will need to perform a clean installation of Windows 7 and you should definitely backup your files since all data will be wiped.
Either way I would backup the files since you never know what can happen.
Better safe than sorry.

If you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and it has been less than 30 days, then you can downgrade and go to previous operating system... 'Go back to Windows 7'.
If it has been 30 days or more you will need to perform a clean installation of Windows 7 and you should definitely backup your files since all data will be wiped.
Either way I would backup the files since you never know what can happen.
Better safe than sorry.

Solution

viktornegovan

Commendable
Oct 26, 2017

Question: I have 2 drives (C, and D) Windows is installed on C, if I install Windows 7 on C will everything on D also get deleted?

viktornegovan

Commendable
Oct 26, 2017

Just network issues. At least once a month my internet (ONLY ON MY PC WHICH IS RUNNING WIN10) speed just goes to * by giving me a ping of over 1000. This has literally never happened when I used to have windows 7. I prefer windows 7 regardless, its the best OS imo.