Will replacing the hard drive with a new one make my notebook run faster?

Inderpal Singh Assi

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Hello everyone, my name is Inderpal.

I am a novice to computing and I.T. (though i have studied the subject).

My question is in regards of my notebook crashing out, freezing and running really really slow. Now i have done whatever i can to increase the processor speed (disabling unwanted function, disabling/uninstalling apps...)But my notebook still seems to run very slow and freezes up a lot. I have even tried to reboot it and what not but still no luck, rebooting is difficult because it would reboot the notebook due to having a second drive or parition drive (or something like that)

So will replacing the hard drive help me in this situation?

Now i dont mind losing all my stuff, just because i had nothing important and all the important stuff in saved in my flash drive.

I know if a replace my hard drive my account will not be there. But what affect would it have to the OS, when purchasing the notebook it was already installed with window 8 and now we installed window 10. would it go back to default OS.

If i have any more queries i will let you guys know.

Thanks
Inderpal

Inderpal Singh Assi

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Thanks for the link, but I won't be able to get on to it as my notebook is really slow.....and if not working it then just freezes up and whole thing is frozen in which I have to keep on restarting the notebook, i can even access my folders with out it freezing.

So in regards of the OS it will stay the same with a blank hard drive but I would have to reinstall the OS again.... would I have to reboot my notebook to install a new window or can I just do like that.

Thanks for your contribution.

What am hearing is, you say this patient is sick, not responding blah-blah and we say OK lets run some tests and draw some blood for the exam and you tell us, can't because the patient doesn't response well to needles.

THIS PUBBY IS ON HEAVEN'S DOOR.

Inderpal Singh Assi

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
I mean completely rebooting the who system, which will delete absolutely everything even my account. Meaning I would have to create a new account just as I did when I first got the notebook.....it looks like there is no other solution (except getting a new notebook, but don't enough money for that) so going back to my main question would changing the hard drive and have a fresh new hard drive be the answer?

Thanks to everyone who is helping.

By the way I didn't choose the best solution yet....heck I was a sleep at that time.

How do I change the solution?

yes u have to do the whole thing again of creating an account as the old data wud have been gone with the dead hdd...no need of getting a new notebook...if the hdd indeed is the source of the issue, simply changing it will solve the problem...

the best solution will be reverted by one of the moderators...

sasriakal :)

TRENDING THREADS