Will resetting windows 10 uninstall programs from my second hard drive?

Dominik H

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
When I go to reset windows 10, it gives me a list of apps which it will uninstall, but some of these are games which are installed on my second hard drive in a Games folder. Will windows actually proceed to do this or will windows ignore it. If windows would do this, is there a workaround?

Dominik H

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014

I'm resetting my windows because my windows 10 store is broke, and so is Cortana. Before you try to give me a possible solution to fix windows 10, don't bother with it. I've tried so many things, and this is the last option on the list.

Dominik H

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014

Damn, hmmm I suppose if I unplug my second hard drive, then it can't uninstall the things on there. Right?

USAFRet

Titan

Correct, but it may wipe out any info the OS needs to have to access that.
Stuff in the Registry, for instance.

Dominik H

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014

But surely that is faster to fix than to reinstall a few 100 GB of games?

USAFRet

Titan

Not necessarily
Are these Steam games?

Dominik H

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014

About half of them are steam games; and if I remember correctly, all I have to do is re link the steam library in my second HDD for the games to show up in steam. Only thing that I would have to do is install prerequisites.
I've done the refresh now. Cortana appears to be fully working now, so I assume that the store is working too, but I'll check on that later. For now though.... Ahh the pain of reinstalling programs!