adlisyafiq71

Reputable
Jul 12, 2018
Hello everyone please I hope anyone can help me. Im looking forward to upgrade my 8 years old PC. It has Core i5 3570, 8GB DDR3 Ram, P8H61M mobo, GTX 1060 and other old stuff.

Im planning to upgrade everything, however, it will take quite some times while I work and save money. Its just that I cant wait too long because I want to atleast improve my gaming experience without having to wait long.

Im thinking maybe by upgrading my GPU first while I save money for other parts, I can have quite some performance jump compared to for example, upgrading my mobo, CPU and RAM first.

So will P8H61M mobo, Core i5 3570 and new RTX 3060 Ti actually work or my PC is too old for the newest GPU and I had to upgrade my mobo and CPU first?

Im also planning to upgrade my old PSU to a better (but not too high end) Corsair 650Watt 80plus Bronze since the newest GPU from Nvidia need powerful PSU

So will all these work?

Thanks

Solution
Hello everyone please I hope anyone can help me. Im looking forward to upgrade my 8 years old PC. It has Core i5 3570, 8GB DDR3 Ram, P8H61M mobo, GTX 1060 and other old stuff.

Im planning to upgrade everything, however, it will take quite some times while I work and save money. Its just that I cant wait too long because I want to atleast improve my gaming experience without having to wait long.

Im thinking maybe by upgrading my GPU first while I save money for other parts, I can have quite some performance jump compared to for example, upgrading my mobo, CPU and RAM first.

So will P8H61M mobo, Core i5 3570 and new RTX 3060 Ti actually work or my PC is too old for the newest GPU and I had to upgrade my mobo and CPU first?

Im also...

Im also planning to upgrade my old PSU to a better (but not too high end) Corsair 650Watt 80plus Bronze since the newest GPU from Nvidia need powerful PSU

So will all these work?

Thanks

Unfortunately, the "quite some performance jump" you mentioned will not be nearly as big as you're imagining due to your current CPU. I would actually recommend upgrading your Motherboard/CPU/RAM first before you upgrade your GPU:
  1. Your GPU will function with your current build, but it won't function well. 8 GB of RAM isn't really enough for most gaming these days and your 4 core / 4 thread CPU is definitely too underpowered to feed a RTX 3060 Ti the frames it needs.
  2. The GPU shortage means that the 3060 Ti is currently overpriced. At the same time, CPUs/RAM/Motherboards can be had a decent prices right now. By saving a GPU for later, you'll get a much better price.
You'll want a modern 6 core / 12 thread CPU and 16 GB of RAM (2 x 8 GB, 3200 MHz - 3600 MHz). As far as a new PSU, you should buy a Corsair RM650x or maybe even a Corsair RM750x (the price difference is small, but it might keep you from having to upgrade it again in the future).

Reactions: adlisyafiq71
Solution

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
Get a gtx 1650/gtx 1060/970 or RX 580/570 470/480 or 5500xt. Anything better will be a waste of money because your cpu will hold you back. Or you could get the 3060 ti, but only if you plan on getting a new cpu/Mobo ram soon and most likely a new power supply and at that point might as well start over and get a new case. If you see one at MSRP and can afford it, get it if you plan on upgrading the rest of your system.

Reactions: adlisyafiq71