Will Rx 560 4gb bottleneck an 8600k?

frostmouth2

Prominent
Jul 25, 2018
I just purchased a 8600k on a Z370 mobo. I then got myself a Sapphire Rx 560 4gb OC. Somehow a 3rd Gen Core i5 with an Rx 560 4gb is giving similar FPS performance on same settings on same games with stock CPU and GPU speeds. I was wondering if my CPU is backing a little like a bottleneck or something. Is the Rx 560 4gb bottlenecking my Core i5 8600k CPU (Stock) ?

Solution

Yes, if you want a gaming performance boost you need a better GPU.

frostmouth2

Prominent
Jul 25, 2018

Hmm. So does this mean that the results would be the same even if I give it the worlds best CPU? Then why on higher end cards CPU performance differs drastically? For example with a 1080ti all coffee lake CPUs have different scale of FPS and performances.

In your situation the 8600k is basically way faster than the RX 560 is.

When you see all the tests, there are frame rate variations because the 1080ti is a beastly card that can give better frames depending on the processor. Some chips are more powerful than others so that's why the variations.

So in the reviews, they usually use the most powerful graphics card possible so that they can see any variations in the performance of the processors.

bignastyid

Titan
The games and setting you have been testing obviously aren't cpu intensive so the RX560 wasn't being limited by the cpu which is why a better CPU didn't make a difference. If you had tried a game that's more CPU intensive like BF1 or BFV you might have seen a small difference but with as weak as the 560 is it still may not have been much of a difference. With a faster GPU the difference would be much greater.

frostmouth2

Prominent
Jul 25, 2018

Hmm. So you mean that the GPU is at its limit and too weak to utilize the processor's true potential? In Other words its has already reached its limit?

bignastyid

Titan

Yes, if you want a gaming performance boost you need a better GPU.

Solution