Will RX 580 4GB Run Metro Exodus?

Dec 1, 2018
So I’m thinking about upgrading my system as my current GTX 1050 2gb isn’t really cutting it these days. What I’m really wanting is a card that will be able to run upcoming metro Exodus, medium/high settings with 50-60fps, would an RX 580 4Gb be a good choice or would I be better going with something more high end??

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
What's nuts to me is I bought a gtx 760 many years ago .. the 950 came out, weaker than my 760, 1050 came out weaker than my 760, 1050ti... Weaker than my 760... They haven't made anything between a gtx 760 and a gtx 960 performance wise since the 960 launched... Keep thinking they would fill this space a bit but no. If someone is on a tight budget a used 760 is an awesome buy for like $40 and out perform a 1050ti, buy one of the highest end ones for $45-50 and oc it to a good bit better than a 1050ti

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
For some reason Nvidia absolutely refuses to serve that market. They keep making the **60 series a bit better each generation but do absolutely nothing with the **50 or **50ti cards except drop power useage a tiny bit.

Their lack of innovation is understandable as they have no competition for the most part, but why not sell a $150 card that falls between the 1050ti and 1060... I think they cut the 1050ti down too much, the 1050 should be 1050ti performance and the ti should be closer to a 1060

The 1050ti is on the same level as GTX680 or GTX770 (680 rebrand). Some games do run faster on kepler but even that is very rare (like Outlast 2 where 780ti alsmost as fast as 980ti and fury x). And i don't think nvidia making much less innovation all these years. While being ahead they still consistently push the performance higher. Even AMD have been slowing down in this regard. And sometimes nvidia never talk about new things they added to their architecture. If not for David Canter analysis we never know the existence of tile base rendering enhancement that nvidia add to maxwell which makes the architecture create it's "magic" despite being built on the same node used on kepler.

TRENDING THREADS