[SOLVED] Will Ryzen 5 1600af bottleneck RX570?

Jun 6, 2020
Hello,

I am planning on building a medium range budget gaming computer and i am wondering if the Ryzen 5 1600af will work fine with the RX 570 8GB GPU or is that card too weak for the processor?

Solution
Where are you located, how much can you spend on your build and what is your preferred site for purchase? If PCPartPicker, we could probably stream line your build.

People tend to sacrifice a lot with an excuse of a budget. Your build lacks the right ram to get the best out of the platform. As is, if you want to upgrade, you're going to have to sell the existing stick of ram, and drop in a 2x8 or more GB kit that is rated at DDR4-3200MHz to get the best out of the platform. That board will not allow you to overclock the processor but the ram would go mildly before the limits kick in(on the chipset and the cooling of VRM). You shouldn't pair that GPU with that PSU, if anything, get something like a GTX1660Ti that is less power hungry.

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't be worried about the CPU, it'd be capable of powering the entire system. Also, I'm curious to know what the rest of your system looks like. Is the 1600AF the most you can go for? With us seeing 4000 series coming up, you should be looking at a 2600, at the very least.

Jun 6, 2020
"I'm curious to know what the rest of your system looks like" these are the parts i'm considering :
  • Motherboard: Asus prime A320M-k
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 1600af
  • GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RX570 8GB
  • RAM: TEAMGROUP ELITE 1x8 GB DDR4 2666 MHZ
  • Storage:
    • SSD: TEAM GROUP GX1 2.5 120 Go
    • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
  • PSU: Cooler Master MWE Bronze 550W V2
"Is the 1600AF the most you can go for? " Unfortunately i'm tied to a budget and for now the 1600AF is the most i can go for.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Where are you located, how much can you spend on your build and what is your preferred site for purchase? If PCPartPicker, we could probably stream line your build.

People tend to sacrifice a lot with an excuse of a budget. Your build lacks the right ram to get the best out of the platform. As is, if you want to upgrade, you're going to have to sell the existing stick of ram, and drop in a 2x8 or more GB kit that is rated at DDR4-3200MHz to get the best out of the platform. That board will not allow you to overclock the processor but the ram would go mildly before the limits kick in(on the chipset and the cooling of VRM). You shouldn't pair that GPU with that PSU, if anything, get something like a GTX1660Ti that is less power hungry.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
Jun 6, 2020
"if you want to upgrade, you're going to have to sell the existing stick of ram, and drop in a 2x8 or more GB kit that is rated at DDR4-3200MHz to get the best out of the platform " i'm planning on adding another 8GB stick in the near future, is 2x8GB DDR4-2666MHz not enough?

"That board will not allow you to overclock the processor " I'm not planning to do any overclocking

"You shouldn't pair that GPU with that PSU" how many watts will be enough?

"if you want to upgrade, you're going to have to sell the existing stick of ram, and drop in a 2x8 or more GB kit that is rated at DDR4-3200MHz to get the best out of the platform " i'm planning on adding another 8GB stick in the near future, is 2x8GB DDR4-2666MHz not enough?

"That board will not allow you to overclock the processor " I'm not planning to do any overclocking

"You shouldn't pair that GPU with that PSU" how many watts will be enough?
Problem is with buying separate RAM sticks,they are not guaranteed to work together,even if they are the same type/model etc. Save yourself a massive headache and buy a dual set as stated above.