[SOLVED] Will Ryzen 5 3600 Work On Asus Prime B450-PLUS?

Aug 20, 2019
Hello everyone. Soon I will be building a pc and I was really hoping to get in on the new zen 2 cpus. X570 boards are a bit out of my budget at the moment. I decided on the Asus Prime B450-Plus as I know my way around the board, and so I more be more comfortable on my first build.

However, I have been hearing reports that B450 boards will need a bios update to properly work with 3rd gen Ryzen cpus.

Will the Ryzen 5 3600 work on a Asus Prime B450-PLUS out of the box?
I don't want to have to do a bios update, otherwise I might just go for a better 2nd gen Ryzen cpu around the same price.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Solution
Hello everyone. Soon I will be building a pc and I was really hoping to get in on the new zen 2 cpus. X570 boards are a bit out of my budget at the moment. I decided on the Asus Prime B450-Plus as I know my way around the board, and so I more be more comfortable on my first build.

However, I have been hearing reports that B450 boards will need a bios update to properly work with 3rd gen Ryzen cpus.

I don't want to have to do a bios update, otherwise I might just go for a better 2nd gen Ryzen cpu around the same price.

go for MSi b450 Tomahawk...it doesnt require Cpu to update bios..

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Only if it's new stock and box has Ryzen 3000 ready sticker. Otherwise bios update needed.

Worse case, can always assemble it and before putting cpu in take it to a pc store so they can update bios for a fee. Wouldn't be much.

mandeep57

Honorable
Feb 14, 2015

go for MSi b450 Tomahawk...it doesnt require Cpu to update bios..

Solution