Will Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD be compatible with Gigabyte A320M-S2H Motherboard

Nov 19, 2018
Hi!

I am building a PC for myself, the details are as under (Not all details, just those which are necessary for the resolution of the issue):

CPU/Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H

- It has a single PCIe x 16 for Graphics Card I think and a single M.2 connector (I believe it's a PCIe x 4 not sure but I am certain I will affix the above mentioned NVMe storage)

- 2 DIMM slots, dual channel

RAM: 2 x 4GB T-force Vulcan 3000 Mhz, CAS 16 (RAM is compatible, as mentioned on the list on Gigabyte site)

Storage: 250 GB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVMe SSD (Although Samsung 960 Evo and Pro are included on the list of supported storages, that list was last published on 02-2017, so no idea whether this PCIe SSD is supported or not)

The query here is that, Should I prepare to know/to perform things before installing Windows 10 on the SSD (as many people experience it during the installation procedure)

I respect your opinions shared, as many people have benefitted from this post. Could you list out what should be done before-hand (like formatting the M.2 or select RAID 0...whatever)

Thank you. Anyone else can openly respond to it.

Apr 25, 2019
I would like to know too

I'm building with a Ryzen 5 2600 with this motherboard and I want to know if a Western Digital 240GB SSD PCie would work

Having 16GB ram and RX 570