Will Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze 620W support my setup?

Aug 6, 2018
Will Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze 620W support my setup?

Motherboard: MSI B350M GAMING PRO
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1050Ti
Memory: ADATA XPG Gammix D10 Black 1x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16
PSU: Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze 620W
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, Sata III
DVD-Writer: LG GH24NSD1 bulk black

To be mentioned , i will overclock the cpu from 3.6 to 3.9 and probably the RAM to 3200mhz.

Also i will buy another stick of ram later.

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from eduardcramaroc : "Seasonic or Corsair"

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
The Corsair CX450 is much better.
In comparison, the m12ii is mediocre: Inferior performance and lacking protections, but should still be alright for your system.
If you can find the CX450 for a similar price, definitely the better option, unless you intend to use two PCIe cables.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Will the Seasonic work? Yes.

Will the Corsair work? Yes.

The CX450 is not "much better" if eduardcramaroc intends to upgrade his GPU beyond the current 1050ti.

While the Seasonic is based on an older design, it is still a perfectly acceptable PSU for most uses. The Corsair is a newer design, but lacks wattage capacity, which could be an issue in many configurations.

Depending on budget and availability, there are MANY quality PSUs that will meet the needs of this system.

Aug 6, 2018

Ok but i am only interested if the corsair has enough wattage to support this system, i am not thinking to upgrade something beside adding 8 more gb of ram.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You could run that build in a 350w psu and still have room to spare, the 450w Corsair is plenty.

When first introduced, the S/M12-II Seasonic's and their varients were among the best more budget oriented psus there were. Semi indestructible, decent protections, high quality builds, basically they were the bar to beat and not many did at even close to the same price range. But times have changed and so have psus. The Seasonic's are group regulated, now an older design (think analog). The newer DC-DC designs are like digital instead. Better series of protective ability, better output voltages, better efficiency, just better all around. That's not to say those old Seasonic's are bad now, or even mediocre, they are still very good psus in their own right. It's just that the newer designs have upped the ante and even the decent grade DC-DC psus are on par, the good grade being far above.

What that all boils down to is point of view. To me, the M12-II barely rates as ok, when compared to a Corsair RMx or Seasonic Focus. The M12-II is fecent/close enough compared to a CXM. The M12-II is great when compared to almost anything Thermaltake.

For your build Op, either psu is decent. The warranty on my M12-II 520w ran out about 2 years ago and it still runs like new, and it runs basically 24/7/365.