Question Will SSD help with microstutter?

Nvious

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
I have micro stutter in games like madden 19 (if i just start the match it stutter for a bit here and there) but after a while it went away and never return until i restart my pc then stuttering will come back same with few other games like gears 5 if i enter into a new area/map it will stutter for few secs but if i died and reload no more stutter until reset. It's not game breaking by any mean it just annoying having to endure this every time i enter new area, do you guys think it's from asset loading from HDD to GPU ram that cause the stutter? cause seeing how resetting pc make problem come back kinda make me think it might be HDD and if thats the case will the stutter go away (or atleast significantly reduced) if i switch to SSD? (i'm thinking about getting corsair m2 mp500 960gb).

Never heard of micro-stutters being fixed by an SSD. It is almost always it is lack of RAM, VRAM or thermals. Since you have 16GB of RAM and the 1070 has 8GB of VRAM I doubt its one of those. Have you checked what the thermals are for your CPU and GPU while you game?

Also what PSU do you have? How old is it?

Nvious

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
I have 450 watt psu , forgot what brand it was its about 3-4 years old i got it at about the same time i got my 1070 card, is that the culprit here? i don't think it's thermal throttling tho.., I ran 3dmark again and compare the score to what it was when this pc was brand new and the marks are relatively the same for GPU score and CPU score.

Nvious

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2012
and I have got the new ssd installed now, gears 5 it fixed the stuttering completely but madden 19 still have stuttering and audio crackling for me.. (although also reduced the frequency), is this just the game now at this point? or is it still indicating sth's wrong with my system?