Will Staples' New Win 8 Ad Campaign Offend Customers?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanto

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Mark my words -
Windows ecosystem will live but people will be buying fewer and fewer Windows powered devices. Volumes will stabilize at some stable levels, but Windows brand is turing into an AM radio of computers.

One of the best moves Microsoft could do is leap into a new brand like the Surface. The next phone would better be called Microsoft Surface phone not Windows 8 phone.

Microsoft needs to disconnect from the past and stay in the present. Surface name could do just that.
-IvanTO

walls20

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
People really need to just give Windows 8 a try. So many people on this blog and others haven't even tried Windows modern UI. It's so easy to connect with Facebook friends -- much easier than on other more limited operating systems. I've had my surface since launch day. No extra training required! Staples could do a better job appealing to customers by making Windows 8 look fun, young, and familiar.

jonjonjon

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
i hate to break it to toms but the desktop isnt going anywhere anytime soon. not sure how much ms paid you guys. you compared the desktop disappearing to dos. now thats funny. sorry touch screens dont work on desktop hence we will be using a mouse and keyboard until they can plant chips in our brains. even ms's lame tablet has to have a attachable keyboard to be useful. now i find that funny. i also dont see anything wrong with that commercial. i know people who struggle with the concept of right clicking. as usual people with nothing better to then to blow things way out of proportion.

brandonvi

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
[citation][nom]misterawsome[/nom]just an observation. the kid is using xp and probably doesn't want to deal with 8[/citation]
lol ya i just noticed that

smart kid to stay as far away from windows 8 as he can

wonder if they are going to end up with this being like windows vista there were websites out there that build custom computers that were up untill like 1 month before windows 7 came out still selling windows XP and even when they stoped doing XP it was " Vista with FREE upgrade to 7 "

deepblue08

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
[citation][nom]jtdvd58[/nom]windows 8 is a lie because you can not sue microsoft or stop them from seeing what is on your computer they will be able to see where you live and your name and address and more and when you click on the license agreement you are letting microsoft know what you are install each time you install a game or a program and where you go on the net and what emails you read and get and send and to who you sent it to yes i pay for windows 8 and it is not what microsoft says it is it does not work like they said and it is the biggest spy program in the usa and to me windows 8 needs to be taking out of the stores and giving back to microsoft because it is crap yes i run it and it locks up and drop back to the desktop and the tecs at microsoft said it was not my computer it was a glick in windows 8 do not belive any one that say windows 8 runs good on their computer and the new computers do not run right to so keep windows xp or windows 7[/citation]

Are you sure you've used enough tinfoil in your tinfoil hat?

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
What's offensive about it? If anything, they're just taking a page out of Apple's book. Apple has long been trying to ease the transition for former Windows users with their Genius bar, Apple Store workshops and online help. It's a perfect marketing strategy that every Windows touting shop should adopt.

g-unit1111

Titan
I am using Windows 8 right now and I laugh at the mere idea that anyone would *REALLY* think it's that different. Sure it uses that crappy Metro interface and a few things have been changed around, but the original desktop is there - and *NO DIFFERENT* from Windows 7 - and anyone who can't figure out how to use it should go to their nearest community college and enroll in a basic computer class ASAP.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]jonjonjon[/nom]i hate to break it to toms but the desktop isnt going anywhere anytime soon. not sure how much ms paid you guys. you compared the desktop disappearing to dos. now thats funny. sorry touch screens dont work on desktop hence we will be using a mouse and keyboard until they can plant chips in our brains. even ms's lame tablet has to have a attachable keyboard to be useful. now i find that funny. i also dont see anything wrong with that commercial. i know people who struggle with the concept of right clicking. as usual people with nothing better to then to blow things way out of proportion.[/citation]dont be surprise someone may come out a giant touchpad with build-in keyboard function to replace the entire keyboard.

G

Windows 8 with the Metro/modern UI will turn black Friday into Red Friday for PC sales, until M$ gets that silly idea of a UI off of the desktop a shoves it back onto the tablet from which it came!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS