[SOLVED] Will the 3070 fit in my build?

Stingray97

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
Currently running these specs with an RX 580 8gb, really needing a GPU upgrade but not sure if the 3070 will perform well with the rest of my build..

Motherboard ; strix H370F gaming
Cpu ; i5 9600KF

Thanks! <3

Solution
Best way to get a 3070 is get on a vendors list. It's the only way in the foreseeable future to get one at a normal price. Or get on ebay and pay through the nose to a scalper at double to 3x the cost or more.

My money would be on Evga having the best option.
any newer ASUS board has PCIe x16 slots, so your covered there.
your CPU is plenty fast enough to not create any noticeable bottleneck.
and as long as you have at least 8GB of system RAM that shouldn't hinder performance of the card much either.

good luck finding one available. most have had a hell of time getting their hands on one since release.

Stingray97

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
any newer ASUS board has PCIe x16 slots, so your covered there.
your CPU is plenty fast enough to not create any noticeable bottleneck.
and as long as you have at least 8GB of system RAM that shouldn't hinder performance of the card much either.

good luck finding one available. most have had a hell of time getting their hands on one since release.

Thats my main problem, guess it will only be solved by time.. until then the RX 580 works decently, probably gonna upgrade my 16GB ram to 32GB's aswell!

Anyhow thanks for your quick response! <3

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Best way to get a 3070 is get on a vendors list. It's the only way in the foreseeable future to get one at a normal price. Or get on ebay and pay through the nose to a scalper at double to 3x the cost or more.

Solution

Stingray97

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021

How would I go about getting on the vendors list? Been checking out EVGA but as expected all sold out :p

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
How would I go about getting on the vendors list? Been checking out EVGA but as expected all sold out :p
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3898-KR

See that Auto-notify button below Out of Stock? Do that with all the products you are interested in.
You also need to create an EVGA account.

As already mentioned, the line is long, so keep your eyes peeled on other models you may be interested as well.
I only signed up for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid back on Jan 8th. I may not get a notification until April or later... and the hybrid cards aren't as popular as the typical air cooled ones either.

Stingray97

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3898-KR

See that Auto-notify button below Out of Stock? Do that with all the products you are interested in.
You also need to create an EVGA account.

As already mentioned, the line is long, so keep your eyes peeled on other models you may be interested as well.
I only signed up for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid back on Jan 8th. I may not get a notification until April or later... and the hybrid cards aren't as popular as the typical air cooled ones either.

Thanks man! <3

Reactions: Phaaze88

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's ppl been on the list for a 3080 FTW3 for 3 months now. There's a severe shortage of the GDDR6 due to Covid and now Chinese New Year celebrations for the month.

The auto industry also has contracts for the GDDR6 as does Sony for the PS5 and others. As does professional bitcoin miners. This further puts a damper on supply for gpu vram.
Which explains the scalpers asking $1200 for a 3060ti, lack of ability for the general public to actually beat the auto-buy bots the scalpers use on sites like newegg and Amazon etc.

Consumers are just going to have to wait. No options there, and going through the vendor like Evga store is the only way you'll actually get a verified gpu, going outside of channels by buying from a scalper is iffy since there's more rip-off artists than scalpers. Ppl with new, fake accounts where you send money, and they close up, run and don't ship, since they never owned any such card.