Question Will the Alpenföhn CPU Cooler SELLA be fine for i5 750?

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Hello everyone, English is not my mother tongue so i hope you understand what i say. So, in a couple of weeks time, i will probably buy a new CPU cooler and because i'm on a budget, i have to get the best bang for the buck CPU cooler cuz for some reason, on my local electronics shop there are no cheap CoolerMaster CPU coolers like it did last year (probs they went out of stock or they got rid of it from the shop, anyways) and the next "cheapest" CPU cooler was a liquid cooler lol and it was around 65 euros or so and it's way out of my budget. The Alpenföhn CPU Cooler SELLA is 27 euros and it fits right in my budget of 30 euros. Now my question is, will this cooler be fine for my i5 750? In terms of temps ofc, not for fittings. I looked at the reviews and i saw on the test bench that they used this cooler, the CPU was max 60-65c while being stress tested which is incredible given that this cooler is only 27 euros. So, what are you guys' opinion? Will this be better (it probably will) than my Intel stock cooler? And yea let's not talk about what temps i get with the stock cooler lol. I render my vids and it's above 90c so yea. Do not recommend me any other coolers, i just want an opinion if it's worth buying this specific one or not and if it will decrease the temps by around 25-30c or so, if not, then i will look for a better one.

P.S: If you ask me why i did not search for CPU coolers in my other local electronics shops, it's because in a few days time, we will buy a new AC and we will recycle the broken AC that we have for 50 euros and that means that we will get like a 50 euros gift card and spend it on that specific shop and since my mom wants to buy something for herself from there that costs around 25 euros, that's literally our budget gone lol so yea. Thank you!

If you want to know what kind of temps i get on various tasks i do, hear me out. Oh also bear in mind, i have my CPU OC'ed to 3.1GHz from 2.9GHz. If i remove the OC, there won't be a huge difference but without the OC, the temps are like 5c lower so no huge differences.
Idling, around 38-43c
CSGO everything low settings, 90-99c or so, yep, 90-99c on LOW settings
Basic video watching on edge 1080p, around 45-55c
Video rendering on vegas pro 18, 90c or more
Idk what else to tell you. At summer times, oh boy f me, logging into Windows and letting Windows start all the services and software for a bit, instantly above 90c. At summer times i do not OC it because the idle temps are like 50c on a good day so yea. What are your thoughts, will this cooler decrease at least 25-30c? Or nah?

Last edited:

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
I was literally reading this whole post yesterday lol and i'm in lads, i'm gonna get it for only 27 euros? that's a hella of a cooler but will see what kind of cooling it will get me on that old CPU.

I have 2 questions, will the included thermal paste be good enough or should i buy the 10 euros good quality thermal paste?

And secondly, because this will be the first time buying a CPU cooler and putting it myself, the orientation of the fan should be next to the back exhaust fan of my tower? Or in other words, if i put the whole cooler vertically, should i put the fan next to the RAM or next to the exhaust fan? I mean, the most logic way would be putting the fan next to the exhaust one cuz the heat will leave the case immediately so yea