Will the Asus Prime B250M-K support 24gb ram?

Feb 26, 2018
The motherboard has 2 ram slots and I already have an 8gb ram stick installed, I was wondering if it would work if I put a 16gb stick in the other one? would it my motherboard support it and would it work very well?

Solution
no. 32GB max supported. and only 2133 or 2400mhz

And unless you are doing things with your PC that require tons of memory, such as VM's or adobe stuff on a high level 16GB is perfect. I have 16GB of ram and have never once had an issue with anything or running out of memory.

To upgrade to 32GB is going to cost you at least $300 but for 16GB kit it would be more like $150.

--UPDATE--
The above information is invalid with the exception of it supporting 32GB max and the pricing of a kit. I have made a new post bellow detailing things in regards to adding another stick to the system

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
no. 32GB max supported. and only 2133 or 2400mhz

And unless you are doing things with your PC that require tons of memory, such as VM's or adobe stuff on a high level 16GB is perfect. I have 16GB of ram and have never once had an issue with anything or running out of memory.

To upgrade to 32GB is going to cost you at least $300 but for 16GB kit it would be more like $150.

--UPDATE--
The above information is invalid with the exception of it supporting 32GB max and the pricing of a kit. I have made a new post bellow detailing things in regards to adding another stick to the system

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Update:

Sorry, I for some reason though you were asking if it supported up to 64GB.

it supports up to 32GB of ram but unfortunately, I would not recommend putting two different sticks of different sizes and most likely different speeds and timings together as this can result in nothing working at all or causing issues that lead to failing hardware. you need to buy your ram in kits.

For a 16GB kit I will recommend you this one. it's on sale for the next 23 hours it says but I think newegg might be lying about that
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820313771

Otherwise, can you provide the model number of the current 8GB stick you have and we can look up a link for it and provide that to you since you can also purchase an identical stick to the one you have mostly likely for less than a new kit and they will go together and work properly

It might. Its not recommended to mix the sticks, you have a chance it will work, nobody will give you 100% unless you buy pair. If you can buy it locally and insert in shop to make sure it's working before taking it back home, it would be perfect.

Just make sure you really need 24 GB, normal users never go above 12 GB (exclude chrome users) and gamers max out around 16 GB.
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1272285

Feb 26, 2018

Thanks for the quick answer, as i mentioned, i already have an 8gb DDR4 2133, can i just get another DDR4 8GB to put in the other slot? Thanks.

Chasingfaith

Reputable
May 7, 2016
Your motherboard supports up to 32 gb of ram and therefore your 24gb of ram is supported. However, there are only two "problems" with this setup.

First off all, different types of ram sometimes simply won't run together and you are therefore always taking a gamble when pairing ram. Furthermore, matching different tyoes of ram in dual channel will run them in flex mode. This means that the 8gb stick runs in dual channel mode with 8gb if the 16gb stick and the remaining 8gb runs in single channel mode. This will decrease performance slightly compared to true dual channel (but isn't big of a deal)

Other than this, the setup should technically work :)

Feb 26, 2018

I already have 8gb ddr4 2133 ram and planning to get the same thing
(http://www.msy.com.au/memory/17037-kingston-valueram-kvr21e15d8-8ha-8g-ddr4-2133-ecc-unbuffered-memory.html)
i was wondering if something like this would also work with my current ram?
http://www.msy.com.au/desktop-ram/20198-team-elite-ted48g2133c1501-8gb-single-ddr4-2133-desktop-ram.html