[SOLVED] Will the ASUS Prime Z790-A WiFI require a BIOS update?

reapzstar

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2016
Hey there!

I picked up this motherboard, which in theory should support the 13th gen out of the box as it came out with the Raptor Lake processors.
However, I've seen a couple of videos over YouTube where other types of Z790 boards did need a BIOS update to properly work with the new processors.
Is that going to be the case here as well?
Does anyone have this board and could perhaps tell me about that?
Only reason I'm asking is because I'll have to start arranging a borrow deal with someone for a 12th gen CPU to be able to update the BIOS after it arrives.

Thanks in advance for every answer!

Solution
As things stand, the launch of the 13th Gen Intel processors were all going to be supported out of the box on Z790 chipset motherboard, last I checked. It was only for the 600 series chipset whereby you needed to update the BIOS before you could plonk in a 13th Gen Intel processor. Your board should come with at least version 0411 which supports 13th Gen Intel Processors out of the box as 0403 is the bar minimum for 13th Gen intel processor support on that motherboard(check the CPU support list, here). Which 13th Gen Intel processor are you looking to pair with that board?

Lutfij

Titan
As things stand, the launch of the 13th Gen Intel processors were all going to be supported out of the box on Z790 chipset motherboard, last I checked. It was only for the 600 series chipset whereby you needed to update the BIOS before you could plonk in a 13th Gen Intel processor. Your board should come with at least version 0411 which supports 13th Gen Intel Processors out of the box as 0403 is the bar minimum for 13th Gen intel processor support on that motherboard(check the CPU support list, here). Which 13th Gen Intel processor are you looking to pair with that board?

Solution