Question Will the Athlon 3-core Phenom II N850 work on my DAOR22MB6DO REV: D R22

tonyfviadbg

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
I have a redundant AMP360SGR22GM Athlon II and a faulty mobo.
So I have purchased a new mobo from China and I am considering upgrading the existing processor which is an Athlon II P360 to Athlon 3-core Phenom II N850
Does anybody know the answer ?
Tony

tonyfviadbg

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
Hi there Lutfi
Many thanks for your contribution.
I read the above link with interest.
As I have never seen this laptop operational I don't know what the BIOS is any ideas on how to determine it please.
I have a spare HDD that only has an OS on it no other rubbish so I would propose to use that for installation / testing purposes.
Getting back to the BIOS as the machine is getting a new mobo will that not have the very latest version ?
Tony

According to the link Lutfij posted, it would appear all of the CPUs should work interchangeably, without the need to update a BIOS, due to them having similar specs and being released at similar times. In addition to this, Chinese motherboards from previous generations typically already have the required BIOS needed to run all CPUs of their socket (and in cases of LGA 775 desktop motherboards, also have the ability to run modded 771 CPUs out of the box).
When the motherboard arrives (or if it has already) test it with the included CPU. This will make sure it works alright. Also look out for any BIOS version numbers you can find while POSTing or within the BIOS. Then, when the new CPU arrives, pop that in, and if it works then you are good to go.
If it doesn't then look for updated BIOSes. All you have to do is Google your motherboard's model number followed by BIOS update. Then, compare the versions that come up with that of your BIOS, and get the newest one. To update the BIOS, you will need to follow the instructions, and use the original, working CPU.

tonyfviadbg

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
Hi ConnanLock
Many thanks for your valuable input, now ordering an "Athlon 3-core Phenom II N850"
I will update after it arrives from China.
UPDATE ---- now ordered "Estimated delivery: 4 – 13 Sep"

Last edited:
Reactions: ConanLock

tonyfviadbg

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
But to update everybody.

The "AMD Phenom II X3 N850 2.2 GHz HMN850DCR32GM 3600 MHz CPU Processor" is on it's way from China estimated arrival 4 - 13 September

The "2HP laptop 638856-001 G6 motherboard,100% Tested 60 days warranty" is also coming from China different supplier estimated arrival 19 October.

I will repost with an update.