[SOLVED] Will the boom arm mount fit inside my blue yeti ?

Jun 9, 2020
Hi,
I wanted to get a boom arm for my blue yeti blackout edition, and found out that i might have a problem.
inside the place where you mount the microphone to the stand itself, there is a piece of rubber. that would be fine but mine isn't in its correct place.
I've tried pushing it back in but it won't work... i can take it out but idk if i should or if it will affect the boom arm's strength.
The rubber covers some of the screw lines so i'm scared the screw won't go inside properly and i bought the boom arm for nothing...
Does the rubber even do anything ?

I'll provide a short video so you can see what im talking about. -->
View: https://youtu.be/qM5ff1b17sE

What should i do ?

Solution
The picture of the mic on the official site shows bare threads. If you have some plastic over that, it should not be there. If it's soft and thin the arm may just screw through the light layer of plastic. Or cut around the edge of the hole a bit and try to peel it off. Or contact Yeti support and see what they say if you don't want to touch it.

total-recording-control-desktop-large.jpg
The picture of the mic on the official site shows bare threads. If you have some plastic over that, it should not be there. If it's soft and thin the arm may just screw through the light layer of plastic. Or cut around the edge of the hole a bit and try to peel it off. Or contact Yeti support and see what they say if you don't want to touch it.

total-recording-control-desktop-large.jpg

Solution