Will the Cooler master hyper 212 evo take up ram slots?

Mttadas

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
I have the asus m5a78l-m/usb3 (mATX mobo)and i want to buy the CM hyper 212 evo,but i'm afraid it will take up my ram slots.I have 1 free ram slot so if it takes up one it will be fine.Maybe someone who had the same mobo(or at least a mATX mobo) and the CM hyper 212 evo can tell me how many ram slots it took up?

Solution
If you mount the 212 EVO so the fan is blowing towards the back of the case, you can always raise the fan to clear any sticks of RAM that may sit to tall due to high heat syncs. Within reason, of course.

Btw, you always want to use the slots recommended in the MB manual for best performance, not just stick the memory wherever you like. Matched pairs have to populate opposite channels to gain the dual channel speed.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you mount the 212 EVO so the fan is blowing towards the back of the case, you can always raise the fan to clear any sticks of RAM that may sit to tall due to high heat syncs. Within reason, of course.

Btw, you always want to use the slots recommended in the MB manual for best performance, not just stick the memory wherever you like. Matched pairs have to populate opposite channels to gain the dual channel speed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS