[SOLVED] Will the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm fit in a CM H500 and a Gigabyte Z390 Elite?

Dec 8, 2020
I'm making a huge upgrade to my build.

I purchased a ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 OC, a Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler, and a new i9-9900kf.

I was wondering, with the parts I have displayed here, will the CPU cooler fit on the top bracket of the case with those RAM modules? They're awfully close to the top and may be intruting, but do you think I could place it behind where they lie or? And (noob question) is the 9900kf suitable on my mobo?

My mobo is a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite

None of the parts have arrived yet so I am hoping to make returns without opening boxes if I need to.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QpkqBc

Images of my current build

QvcGA4g.jpg

d06DIEs.jpg

9HBlyJ0.jpg

UPDATE: I see that PCPartPicker is giving me a flag for room on the CPU cooler. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: SOLVED, my H100i came in today and it fits on top of z390 elite aorus motherboard. Now my problem is I can boot into post. LOL

Last edited:
Solution
I don't see this flag you speak of. I do see this:
  • Note: Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.
Partpicker always throws this up, though.
Cooler Master's own webpage doesn't mention anything about it, so it should be pretty flexible with ram; if it would've been a problem, they would've left a note saying so.

Cpu + mobo combo is ok, but cpu + cpu cooler combo... it's ok, only if running Intel stock settings.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see this flag you speak of. I do see this:
  • Note: Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.
Partpicker always throws this up, though.
Cooler Master's own webpage doesn't mention anything about it, so it should be pretty flexible with ram; if it would've been a problem, they would've left a note saying so.

Cpu + mobo combo is ok, but cpu + cpu cooler combo... it's ok, only if running Intel stock settings.

Solution
Dec 8, 2020
What is a better CPU cooler that you recommend because I plan on overclocking the i9-9900k to 5GHZ.

Please get back to me

I want to OC the cpu on all cores if I can I just want to pick an appropriate cooler.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You skip right on to 360mm, which means it has to be mounted in the front, which also means the 200mm fans need to be moved/removed, as they will get in the way.
Arctic Liquid Freezer 2, if you don't care for rainbow vomit.
If you have to have the rainbows: Lian Li Galahad, Cooler Master Masterliquid 'R', and EK-AIO, are top contenders.

You also have to win the silicon lottery, because not all 9900Ks are capable of 5.0ghz.
Coffee Lake RefreshAll Core SSE FrequencyAll Core AVX2 FrequencyBIOS Vcore% Capable
9900K4.80GHz4.60GHz1.275V100%
9900K4.90GHz4.70GHz1.287VTop 91%
9900K5.00GHz4.80GHz1.300VTop 30%
9900K5.10GHz4.90GHz1.312VTop 5%
Source: https://siliconlottery.com/pages/statistics

Dec 15, 2020
You will be good with you AIO. I have the same one with the same motherboard and the i9-9900k OC at 5ghz on all cores and the max temps I can see while gaming is 68c. Don't need a 360mm radiator.

Reactions: Mtop

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You will be good with you AIO. I have the same one with the same motherboard and the i9-9900k OC at 5ghz on all cores and the max temps I can see while gaming is 68c. Don't need a 360mm radiator.
You haven't run into the right kind of load. There are certain games that will make a 240mm sweat bullets with a 5.0ghz 9900K, especially if they utilize AVX/AVX2 instruction set.