Will the Deepcool RGB 350 led lighting kit be able to sync with ID-Cooling DF-12025 Case fans?

Mar 31, 2018
My motherboard does not have an rgb header in it but both the ID-Cooling DF-12025 and the Deepcool RGb 350 lighting kit offers an rgb controller to change their lights and effects.

My question is, will I be able to use only of those rgb controllers to control both the rgb case fan and rgb light strips?

So for example, I could connect my ID-Cooling case fans to the Deepcool’s rgb controller, or vice versa? Would it work?

Solution
I don't see any other reason for it not working together besides the Deepcool RGB controller capacity for LEDs. Each RGB controller has limitation of how many LED lights they are able to power. E.g my NZXT HUE+ has limitation of 40x LEDs per one channel and it has 2x channels. Since Deepcool doesn't state that, i can't tell if it is powerful enough to power e.g 5x ID-Cooling RGB fans. But you should be fine when connecting 2x to 3x fans to it.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see any other reason for it not working together besides the Deepcool RGB controller capacity for LEDs. Each RGB controller has limitation of how many LED lights they are able to power. E.g my NZXT HUE+ has limitation of 40x LEDs per one channel and it has 2x channels. Since Deepcool doesn't state that, i can't tell if it is powerful enough to power e.g 5x ID-Cooling RGB fans. But you should be fine when connecting 2x to 3x fans to it.

Solution
Mar 31, 2018
So I tried connecting the ID-Cooling case fans to the Deepcool’s rgb controller and I noticed that the rgb header doesn’t fit all the way in the Deepcool’s female header, it only partially fits in before getting blocked by the plastic part surrounding the female header’s 4 ports. Will it light up and work? I can’t test it at the moment because I’m away from my computer.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
It should work if there's good connection between the two. I've also had several different connections that seem not to go all the way in. And rather than forcing it completely in, with high chance of braking something, i've left them be. E.g 24-pin power cable on MoBo side where the plastic clip doesn't clip. So far, my PCs have worked just fine.