[SOLVED] Will the EVGA 650 BQ be enough for my build?

Oct 11, 2020
Hello! I'm in the process of building a new computer, and I'm planning on getting a 3700x with a 3070 (when they release). I assumed I needed a 650w power supply, and picked up the one in the title while at Microcenter. I didn't think much about it until I started reading that it is extremely loud, and fails under high load.
Does anyone have personal experience with this power supply, or can anyone tell me if they think I'll have an issue?

Solution
Thats a very meh psu.
For it has lots of wattage, but its really more for lower end, 350-500 watt systems.

I suggest getting a better one. you might not have issues, but I personally aint comfortable using such a low quality unit with such a high end machine.
Thats a very meh psu.
For it has lots of wattage, but its really more for lower end, 350-500 watt systems.

I suggest getting a better one. you might not have issues, but I personally aint comfortable using such a low quality unit with such a high end machine.

Solution
Agree. It would probably be ok but I would not use it myself. 650w is enough but it’s the quality that for me is below average. A gaming pc puts the psu under high load for long periods of time, a high quality psu is an investment in safety for your system.