[SOLVED] Will the files inside my hard disk be deleted if i changed it to another pc

Chiainlong98

Prominent
Apr 21, 2019
Lik e the title says. Do i need to reformat my hard disk when i unplug it from my main pc and put it to my 2nd pc ? and how can i able to save my files from that hard disk so i can put it to my 2nd pc

Solution
If you are talking about data files on a HDD, you can freely move it to another pc and the files will be there for you.

OTOH, if you are talking about moving windows or apps, then no.

USAFRet

Titan
If you're assuming that it will simply boot up in the new hardware, probably not.
If you are assuming the Windows licensing simply transfers to the new hardware without any interaction...no.

Of course, the more details you can give us would help.

Chiainlong98

Prominent
Apr 21, 2019
If you're assuming that it will simply boot up in the new hardware, probably not.
If you are assuming the Windows licensing simply transfers to the new hardware without any interaction...no.

Of course, the more details you can give us would help.

Both Pc have SSD. and both have windows installed on ssd . so meaning inside the hard disk ill be moving have only normal files like pictures videos and etc. so i just need to unplug and plug to the 2nd pc and im done right ?

Chiainlong98

Prominent
Apr 21, 2019
If you are talking about data files on a HDD, you can freely move it to another pc and the files will be there for you.

OTOH, if you are talking about moving windows or apps, then no.
Both Pc have SSD. and both have windows installed on ssd . so meaning inside the hard disk ill be moving have only normal files like pictures videos and etc. so i just need to unplug and plug to the 2nd pc and im done right ?

You make it sounds like a biological autoimmune system thing, u introducing an alien cell and the body immune system actives to kill the foreign intruder :D -NOT. Computers are not that sophisticated just yet, and when they do, watch out!

You add a previous unknown drive to a new PC, the operative word is ADD, nothing happens. Now u try to BOOT the old drive in the new machine, well, that's a whole other ball of wax, as other members already alluded to.