[SOLVED] Will the Gigabyte A320M-S2H power on with 4-pin only?

Aug 28, 2021
I saw a few posts here from the past asking if 4-pin only is enough for this motherboard, but no one actually confirmed if it will even boot.
Is there anyone that knows if this motherboard will even boot when only plugging 4-pin to the 8-pin CPU socket?

Thanks

Solution
I saw a few posts here from the past asking if 4-pin only is enough for this motherboard, but no one actually confirmed if it will even boot.
Is there anyone that knows if this motherboard will even boot when only plugging 4-pin to the 8-pin CPU socket?

Thanks
Do you have one already? just try it to see...if the first 4 pin socket doesn't work then try the other.

The only CPU's that really need 8 or more pins are the high-core models (3900/3950/5900/5950). Or 8 cores that are being overclocked, but you can't overclock on that board.

The real issue is your PSU; if it's only got a single 4 pin CPU power connector it's likely a much older model with split-rail design. I'm gonna say updating that is the better idea so as not to...

Thanks
Do you have one already? just try it to see...if the first 4 pin socket doesn't work then try the other.

The only CPU's that really need 8 or more pins are the high-core models (3900/3950/5900/5950). Or 8 cores that are being overclocked, but you can't overclock on that board.

The real issue is your PSU; if it's only got a single 4 pin CPU power connector it's likely a much older model with split-rail design. I'm gonna say updating that is the better idea so as not to risk new hardware with such an old unit.

Reactions: Filingo
Solution
Aug 28, 2021
I placed an order, so I do not have it yet, but I can still cancel it that's why I ask because I don't have it to test andI prefer not to get it and then find out if it's not working and return it