Will the GTX 560 fit/run

Status
Not open for further replies.

banned_03

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
I am interested in this GTX 560

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1245&products_id=18134

However, I was wondering if

1: This card will fit in my case
Height: 38.7 cm (15.23 inches)
Width: 17.5 cm (6.89 inches)
Length: 41.4 cm (16.29 inches)

2: Will this PSU run it
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_220&products_id=13984

3: Will my 1.0 x16 motherboard run this 2.0 pci-e.... and at what cost?

4: Is this overclocked version good? It has same core clock + shader clock as 560 ti....

Solution
1. The case doesn't matter for video cards. What matters, instead, is the motherboard and how the various PCI, PCI-e, etc. slots are positioned. Video cards tend to be rather wide due to their cooling systems so, chances are, they'll cover over one of your slots. Knowing what motherboard you have will help with this.

2. That PSU should be able to run it, though knowing your other specs would be nice to help. The exception is if you intend on using SLI and/or overclocking - you'll want to go with a bigger PSU. The 560 isn't much different from the 550 Ti that I'm interested in (though in my case, for speeding up video play back) and the 550 Ti works well with a 500-watt PSU.

3. PCI-express v1 is compatible with v2 and vice...

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
1. The case doesn't matter for video cards. What matters, instead, is the motherboard and how the various PCI, PCI-e, etc. slots are positioned. Video cards tend to be rather wide due to their cooling systems so, chances are, they'll cover over one of your slots. Knowing what motherboard you have will help with this.

2. That PSU should be able to run it, though knowing your other specs would be nice to help. The exception is if you intend on using SLI and/or overclocking - you'll want to go with a bigger PSU. The 560 isn't much different from the 550 Ti that I'm interested in (though in my case, for speeding up video play back) and the 550 Ti works well with a 500-watt PSU.

3. PCI-express v1 is compatible with v2 and vice versa, given Wikipedia. The newest features in PCI-e v2, however, won't be utilized under a v1 motherboard.

4. This is something I can't easily answer as it's not my area of expertise.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.