Will the GTX 960 card work in my Acer Predator G3620?

jagermain

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2013
I still have the stock GT 640 that the pc came with it has an I7 and 12gigs of ram but i need to upgrade the video card and i wanted the GTX 760 but I've read people had trouble with the card working properly so will the GTX 960 be ok?

Solution

I have no idea. That was just some stock photo I swiped off the web. But if that is your case, it looks like you have the full distance from the rear of the case to the front. Any long card would simply slide under the drive bay.

jagermain

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2013

oh yep! Thats my crappy rig lol. I just thought i was gonna have to resort to one of the minis. I only have a 400 or 450 watt ps but it says thats all it needs. ive just heard of people having issues installing a new gpu like the gtx 760 and 660 so my fingers are crossed . Can we keep in touch plz so i can ask you some quesitons about installation bc it will be here in about a wek and everybody is trying to charge me a couple hundred bucks to do it for me. thansk for your professional insight.

jagermain

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2013

Also what are the dimensions of that video card in the pic you linked? That will tell me just how big I can go it looks to be roughly 9.5 in leangth possibly? Thanks again for all your assistance!

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

I have no idea. That was just some stock photo I swiped off the web. But if that is your case, it looks like you have the full distance from the rear of the case to the front. Any long card would simply slide under the drive bay.

Solution

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There is one caveat I should mention in regards to a very long card that would protrude under your drive cage...
Some cards have their PCIe power headers along the top edge of the card's body. One of those may have problem with the PCIe power cables/connectors due to clearance past that rolled lip under the drive cage. Something to consider if the card you want is more than, say 10" or 10 1/2" long.

Example of such a card: http://www.overclock.net/image/id/9101854

PMFTOTC

Distinguished
May 28, 2015

Hi, I am planning upgrade this pc with GTX960, can I check did it work eventually?
TIA

TRENDING THREADS